TNT Team Practices, Tune-up Games & Other Updates

Discussion in 'TNT KaTropa' started by Dzee, Jun 2, 2014.

1. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

TNT’s Kelly Williams joins PBA’s 5,000-point club

TNT forward Kelly Williams added another feather on his cap.

Despite the Katropa’s 87-101 loss to Rain or Shine on Wednesday night in their PBA Philippine Cup encounter at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum, the 6-foot-6 Williams earned some sort of consolation as he became the 77th local member of the pro league’s 5,000-point club.

According to resident PBA chief statistician Fidel Mangonon III, Williams achieved the feat behind a perimeter jumper off a Kris Rosales assist at the 4:01 mark of the first canto, pulling TNT within 10-12 against Rain or Shine.

Source

2. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

TNT signs ‘Dynamite’ Danny Seigle to one-conference extension

PBA fans has not seen the last of 8-time champion Danny Seigle.

The 6-foot-7 Seigle, whose contract expires at the end of March has come to terms with TNT management for a one-conference extension. And that means the man known in the league as “Dynamite Danny”, is expected to show his wares once more for the Katropa in the upcoming Commissioner’s Cup.

Philippine Star veteran sports scribe Nelson Beltran first reported Seigle’s status.

“He’ll (Seigle) still play. Maganda yung pinakita niya nung semis and very professional siya,” Katropa team manager Virgil Villavicencio told FOX Sports on Friday afternoon.

3. zantac

zantac Starter

No offend po sa mga Ka-Tropa po natin dito, but i would like to see Danny Seigle retire on a San Miguel Beermen uniform.

For me kasi parang hindi ganun kagandang exit sa kanya kapag sa Talk 'N Text Ka-Tropa, i am nothing against sa organization and team na ito. But we all know and see kung gaano kakulay ang career ni "Dynamite Danny" or "Danny S" sa SMB. Sayang nga lang at hindi ganun kaganda ang paghihiwalay nila.

Anyway seeing him play for another conference will be a big help sa TNT Ka-Tropa, hoping na walang maging problema sa health niya. Tingin ko kaya pa niya maglaro, 2-3 years kaya pa niya makipagsabayan.[/I]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  4. baymax

baymax Starter

PF
    Bulls
    TNT, Bowles part ways as former Best Import deals with ‘personal issues’

“Ni-release na namin si Denzel. May mga personal issues lang na kailangan niyang asikushin,” Racela

bakit nga kaya na-dropped si Denzel, ano kayang personal issues ito.

5. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

TNT gets boost as NBA veteran Lou Amundson set to debut v Meralco

Listed at 6-8, the 34-year-old Amundson had two practice sessions with TNT, which Racela, hopes will be enough before the Katropa’s 7 p.m. clash with the Bolts.

“No. 1 (Amundon can bring to TNT) is his experience because he’s an NBA veteran,” Racela told FOX Sports on Thursday.

“We had no time to go through evetything, but his experience dun sa NBA and the different schemes he knew sa NBA, parang sandali lang (for him). We just have to talk about that, what we want to do and what we want to happen and nakatulong kaagad.”

Sorce: TNT gets boost as NBA veteran Lou Amundson set to debut v Meralco

6. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

Palawan next destination for Amundson as TNT taps Greene

Antipolo City — After two games, ex-NBA veteran Lou Amundson has formally ended his stint with TNT with original choice Donte Greene already waiting in line.

But Amundson won’t leave the PBA, his first international league, in a bad taste as he led Katropa in torching Phoenix in a 25-point beating on Sunday at Ynares Center.

The former Phoenix Sun produced team-high 20 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks on his farewell game for Katropa, who made him feel at home already in just over a week.

“Really, it’s kind of bittersweet. I like it here and my teammates are great people, coaches are great people,” said Amundson. “It’s really enjoyable and I was able to get good experience here.”

“I think it was a blessing to have these group of guys and welcome me with open arms and with love, integrate me like they did,” he added.

Now that he’s just waiting for his next contract, either going back to the NBA or any European league, Amundson will just enjoy the other Philippine offering –it’s majestic tourist spots.

“I’ll try to see some of the islands. I’ll go to Palawan for a few days, relax by the beach, get some sun, and fly back home,” he said.

Source: Palawan next destination for Amundson as TNT taps Greene - FOX SPORTS

7. Abi Conde

Abi Conde Reserve

TNT
    [​IMG]

Source: TNT to make import change in Game 4

There’s a strong chance that TNT KaTropa will make an import change in time for Game Four of the PBA Commissioner’s Cup finals, multiple sources told InterAksyon.

KaTropa, who are behind 2-1 in the series after losing two straight against San Miguel, are likely to shut down hulking import Joshua Smith, who has been bothered by a foot injury, and tap standby reinforcement Mike Myers on Wednesday, according to a source who requested anonymity.

“Malamang magpalit na kami,” the source said.

Another source added that TNT has now realized that Smith has become a liability particularly on defense.

“Even June Mar (Fajardo) keeps on outrunning him. He was late on defense a lot of times,” the second source said.

http://www.interaksyon.com/tnt-likely-to-make-import-change-in-game-four-sources/

Chat

Help
    1. There are currently no users chatting.

You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat.